Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Monday
June 30, 2014

Well the day is here. We have the van loaded down!! I do think we will be looking like the Beverly Hillbillies when we hit Oregon. Maybe the only thing missing at the present time is the rocking chair. After riding across USA with George and Caroline, I may be delegated to ride on the top coming home.

All has gone well so far. We pulled out of Reidsville at 7:30 AM. Early for us. We headed to VA, then across to TN, KY, IL, and MO. We of course stopped at all the welcome signs and made our picture. Some states need to do a little cleaning around their signs....NC and IL.

We stopped between Knoxville and Nashville for a picnic lunch. Nice rest area. There was a cool sign across the street that was a huge guitar advertising a music store. It was the biggest guitar I've ever seen

Traveling was good. Our weather was too. It did rain on us for a while but no storms.

We passed through Metropolis, IL which is the home of Superman. We visited the Superman statue and went to the Superman souvenir store but,  it was closed. :(

We traveled on Cape Gireardeau, MO. The ride was beautiful rolling countryside. George picked this route because it was off the beaten path and it was fun. We arrived around 9:30 PM CST. We were totally pooped! We went to eat at Steak and Shake and I was almost too tired to chew my food. We returned to our room and then went to bed. Rested as well as you can in a strange bed.

Adventures are coming tomorrow.

NOTE: I will not be posting pics on this blog. I need Picasa and I don't have time or the sense to do that right now. I will put some on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment