Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Birds' Eye View

Thursday

July 24, 2014

Today was a good day full of challenges for me!! We are going to Canyonlands National Park. To be honest, I had no idea what we were going to see and do. That's called trusting your husband. I am beginning to think at times I may have to watch out for him and his adventures.

Canyonlands National Park is divided into three section The Needles, Island in the Sky, and the Maze. We were at Island in the sky. The reason for this name is you are up so high and looking down on beautiful rock towers, fins, and the river and canyon below. It really did feel like we were on an island and I truly got a feel for what it might feel like to be a bird flying up high.

I was trying to remember I wedding vows today. I don't think it included hiking with your husband up to see a huge canyon from the rim, Upheaval Dome. There were too many steps going up a steep incline. Next, we went to Mesa Arch. This hike wasn't as bad. Lastly, we went on a 1 1/2 mile rim walk. I again thank God that he has helped me overcome my fear of heights. We were walking along looking down into a huge canyon with the Green River in the bottom.The canyon was huge. There are no words to explain its beauty. It was one of those times I felt very small again.

We were very lucky with the weather. It was cool, low 80's with a good breeze. At the end of our three hikes, the sun came out and it became hotter. I will readily admit that I was not sorry to finish the last hike. I talked to God along the way praising him for the beauty of his creation and asking Him to give me the strength to get back. I was almost running on empty.









All I say is God is good, God is my creator, and His creation never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment